“ASK JON ABOUT”
(FURTHER QUESTIONS FOR STUDY AND REVIEW)*
- The name and location of the restaurant mentioned in the preceding piece.
- The other in-references in the piece.
- The Jon Singer Fan Club.
- The proper way to sharpen a knife.
- The strange and illustrious career of Dr. Zyx W. Vuts.
- How obvious should I get, Natasha?
- What is Congressional Blue #116?
- Who sawed Courtney’s boat?
- How, exactly, do we frustrate idiom?
- What is the historical faanish significance of the phrase: “Tell Gary Farber that Jon Singer says ‘Hello.’’?
- Alan Watts has said that he has spent his life going East by going West. Ask Jon what that means….
- Jon once said of himself: “Jon Singer was born in 1949, in New York. He hopes you won’t hold it against him.”
- Why did he think we would hold it against him?
- What would he prefer that we hold against him?
- What is the interrelationship between the following words and phrases: “tiddely-pom”, “hummy”, and “constant reader”?
- Don’t ask him about NeuroLinguistic Programming unless you have considerable time to devote to his answer.
*Written for Minicon 26, 1991; ©1991, 2003 Fred A Levy Haskell.